Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blue Barb Jam


These are the ingredients you will need:
6 cups cut up rhubarb
1 cup water
3 cups sugar
1- 540 ml can of blueberry pie filling
1- 6 oz raspberry jello powder
Never thought to put these together did you?
Over high heat boil rhubarb and water till the rhubarb is soft stirring the whole time, this takes only a few min.
Add 3 cups sugar and blueberry pie filling, and bring back to a boil. Turn down heat to med high and boil for 8 min.
Remove from heat and add the jello powder.
Ladle into pre-washed and still hot jelly jars.
Yields: 31/2 500ml jelly jars
Here it is a bubblin' away in the pot. It is good to use a tall pot as the jam tends to splatter as it cooks..I used a tall pot and I still got some splatters on me and on the wall. I use a red floral bibbed apron when I make jams and jellies just so I stay clean and the stains never show on the apron!
It is really a very simple jam to make so go ahead and try it..just make sure you have fresh scones ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment