Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hi my name is Nicole and I'm an addict....

To dishware!   Currently I have about 6 sets.  Most antique some new and my collection is growing.  First off Id like to say I blame my mother! lol!  She has probably 20 sets of china so this is all her fault.  She called my last night to say she is shipping the first set of "boxes" of china that was left to me from my Grandmother to me today and she'll have my father ship the rest tomorrow!  Then she added that she was cleaning out one of her china hutches and is shipping me some of her stuff tomorrow as well. 

My house is as large as my mothers kitchen.  I have no room for all this stuff..  So between teething twins, a cranky 4 year old and cooking I am going to try to make room for my new china.  I think we will be hitting the flea markets this weekend and see what we can come up with.  Maybe an old pie safe?

2 comments:

  1. oh I'm glad I'm not alone! We have three sets, not including small cup/saucer/plate sets for tea, which we have a lot around here. I'm excited to fill my three sets out, as they all came to us second hand and we are missing a bunch.

    are you hopeing to fill yours out, or are they complete already? and what does your husband think of all this china? mine would probably be averse to it, if his parents didn't have about 5 sets themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a complete 1910 milk glass set. The rest are just bits and pieces. Now that we live in the flea market capital of the world I am sure it will grow. My husband doesnt say anyting about my kitchen and I say nothing of his garage its a acceptance we both have lol. As long as his meals are made hes happy.

    ReplyDelete