Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A pity party dinner..

For 3 months I have been going through the hiring process for the police department where I live.  I passed all the panel interviews, background, lie detector test everything.  Yesterday the investigator said I had a 97% and would be getting an offered this week of employment.  Today I got a generic generated email letting me know they filled the position with an in-house volunteer.  I'm angry!  My husband tells me it must have been gods will and ptl (ptl- is our verison of praise the lord).  Well I have mentally railed at god all day and I know this is wrong.  I have 3 wonderful babies to concentrate on.  This job is not needed- I applied for selfish reasons.  I wanted to paint the exterior of the house, get a boat, re-pave the driveway.  All things that we can do on my husbands salary just not immediately.  I cooked and i'm over it.  So heres my pity party meal.

Starting with home made cream of mushroom soup..

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
  • 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 -3 tablespoons flour (seperated)
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  •  Cut the mushrooms into slices.
  1.  Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
  2.  Blend in 2 T. flour and stir.
  3. Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
  4. Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.

Dumped over chicken in a baking dished cooking on 350 for 40 minutes. Served with rice and peas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Nicole. 'No' is always hard to hear, especially from God. I'm praying that you can joyfully ptl again and soon!

    your pity party meal looks soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete